How to Make a Secure Password You Don't Have to Remember
RoboForm's password generator helps you to make random passwords with customisable options. To choose a password that people is hard to guess is a matter of creating different letter and number combinations.
- It cannot be the most used passwords.
- It contains special characters and numbers.
- It's a mix of lowercase and uppercase letters.
- It has a minimum length of 10 characters.
- It cannot be simply based on user information (name, birth date, phone number, etc.)
How to Create a Secure Password and Remember It
Keep the guidelines in mind. Now see how to make a secure password with RoboForm.
Step 1: Generate a Secure Password
Locate the RoboForm toolbar in your browser and mouse over the Generate button. A password will be generated based the default settings. Click the “Advanced Settings” tab to modify the character settings as followed:
- Make sure the number of characters is 10 or larger.
- Make sure the A-Z, a-z, 0-9, and special characters options are checked.
- Make sure the bit strength is over 64.
Then check the option "Copy new generated password to clipboard" and click the Generate New button.
Step 2: Using Generated Passwords for Form Filling
Go to the sign up page of the website you want to register. Click Fill when a secure password are generated as described above. RoboForm will fill your generated password into the matching password field in the form. Lastly, submit the form.
Step 3: Remember the Created Password
Secure passwords are usually hard to remember. Let RoboForm do it for you. RoboForm can save unlimited passwords and user names as Login so you can sign in your account with one click. Do the following to use RoboForm manage your new created password.
- Logout of your newly signed up website from Step 2.
- Open the login page of the website.
- Enter your username and password (it should still in the clipboard, just press Ctrl + V).
- Click the Log In (Sign In) button, and you will be prompted to save your username and password as a Login. Click Save.
- You have just generate a secure password, use it as login, and let RoboForm remember it for you. You won't even need to remember the secure-but-hard-to-remember password anymore, RoboForm will do it for you.